Tuesday, September 27, 2016

God Mind Map


Upon looking further at God as a character, I've realized that he is a much different character than a lot of us thought. In class we have read Genesis 1-3 and Genesis 6-9. During our reading, we have been analyzing God as a character and through this analyzation, I have discovered God was a much different character than I thought. As most people do, I always thought of God as a forgiving, nice person. But as we went on with out reading, I have discovered he may just be the complete opposite. As we read through the Book of Genesis, we read about the flood, Noah's ark and how the earth in its entirety was created. One of the biggest things that stood out to me as we reading that showed God as a totally different person was when God said he created man in his own image. This really stood out to me showing that God isn't what we think he is because he's saying he created man in his own image. He created the first man without having anyone to base it off, so this lead me to think he based the man off himself. If he had to kill mankind because of their sinning and disobedience, does this portray how he is as a person? Also, just his pure actions shows how he is. Take the flood. God is a powerful character. Why couldn't he use his power to solve the problems? Why did he have to go straight to killing most of what he created?

No comments:

Post a Comment